Mazaki San is a solo blacksmith hand-crafting all aspects of his knives in-house. Apprenticing under legendary master Kiyoshi Kato, he is creating some of the most sought-out knives at this present time. The Mazaki Kurouchi offered here is a great value high carbon knife, Mazaki's newest profile is outstanding.
- Mazaki Kurouchi
- Sanjo, Niigata
- 180mm Nakiri Knife
- Forged February 2021
- Nashiji Kurouchi
- Shirogami (White) #2
- Soft Iron Clad
- Magnolia Handle with Walnut Ferrule
- Hand-Crafted and Hand-Forged in Japan
- 185mm Edge | 333mm Overall | 54mm Height | 190g
- Thickness: 4.6mm (Above Heel) | 2.3mm (Circa Centre) | 1.8mm (Circa 1cm From Tip)
* Non stainless steel kitchen knives require a small amount of care to prevent surface rust.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Nakiri (Vegetable Knife)
Nakiri knives have a flat profile and tall blade height which aids in push chopping but does make rock style cutting a little uncomfortable. The Nakiri, like many western style chef knives has a double bevel grind, in contrast to the Japanese style vegetable knife, the Usuba, which is single bevel. Whilst a Gyuto or Santoku does do a good job at cutting vegetables, the larger flat bottom of a Nakiri or Usuba make the task much easier. The Nakiri is one of our favourite profiles, highly recommended.