Master Yu Kurosaki Shizuku R2 | 165mm Bunka Knife (Zelkova)
Crafted from one of our favourite steels, R2 powdered stainless, Yu Kurosaki forges an attractive finish with a high performance grind. Good F&F and sharpness out of the box, well balanced and a great overall weight, we certainly endorse the widely held appreciation for this knife.
- Master Yu Kurosaki Japanese Chef Knife
- Shizuku Series
- 165mm Bunka Knife
- R2 / SG-2 Powdered Stainless Steel
- Soft Stainless Cladding
- Echizen-Fukui, Japan
- Mono Zelkova Timber Handle
- Hand-Crafted in Japan
- 167mm Blade Edge Length / 311mm Overall Length / 45mm Blade Height / 2.4mm Blade Thickness / 121g
* As our Japanese chef knives are hand-made (some with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Bunka (Home Cook Knife)
Also like it's larger cousin, the Gyuto, this is your go-to knife for any and all tasks within the kitchen. Generally Bunka knives are smaller in size than Gyuto, making them versatile in smaller home kitchens or for cooks with fledgling knife skills. Both styles of knife are multi-tasking machines that can be used for any and all cooking preparation tasks.
As is the case with most Japanese kitchen knives, the Bunka knife is thinner & lighter than other western chef knives, they are normally made from harder steel which can hold a sharper edge.