Hand-Crafted from cobalt special steel, Kurosaki San's Raijin knife is stunning, both in looks and performance. One of the thinnest and lightest knives we have in store, these certainly cut at the highest of level.
- Master Yu Kurosaki Japanese Knife
- Raijin Series
- Cobalt Special Steel (Stainless)
- 165mm Bunka Knife
- Echizen-Fukui, Japan
- Mono Walnut or Mono Zelkova Timber Handle
- Hand-Crafted in Japan
- 161mm Blade Edge Length / 304mm Overall Length / 46mm Blade Height / 2.25mm Blade Thickness / 100g
* As our Japanese knives are hand-made (most with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
** Some care is required with these knives to prevent chipping.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Bunka (Cook Knife)
Also like it's larger cousin, the Gyuto, this is your go-to knife for any and all tasks within the kitchen. Generally Bunka knives are smaller in size than Gyuto, making them versatile in smaller home kitchens or for cooks with fledgling knife skills. Both styles of knife are multi-tasking machines that can be used for any and all cooking preparation tasks.
As is the case with most Japanese kitchen knives, the Bunka knife is thinner & lighter than other western chef knives, they are normally made from harder steel which can hold a sharper edge.