Hand forged by Master Kunio Masutani from VG-1 stainless steel and clad in Damascus Steel, these knives are thin and light. Great performers with easy maintenance.
- Master Kunio Masutani Japanese Knife
- 170mm Nakiri Knife
- Hand Forged VG-1 Stainless Steel
- Stainless Damascus Clad
- Nashiji Finish
- Octagonal Mono Pagoda Wood Handle
- Hand-Crafted in Japan
- 304mm Overall Length / 160mm Blade Edge Length / 2.9mm Blade Thickness / 52mm Height / 139g
* As our kitchen knives are hand-made (some with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Nakiri (Vegetable Knife)
Nakiri knives have a flat profile and tall blade height which aids in push chopping but does make rock style cutting a little uncomfortable. The Nakiri, like many western style chef knives has a double bevel grind, in contrast to the Japanese style vegetable knife, the Usuba, which is single bevel. Whilst a Gyuto or Santoku does do a good job at cutting vegetables, the larger flat bottom of a Nakiri or Usuba make the task much easier. The Nakiri is one of our favourite profiles, highly recommended.