Sourced from a closed supplier in Seki city, this new old stock has been waiting 30 years for use.
The vintage design and shape of this Gyuto is something special, too difficult and too expensive to make in the modern day at anywhere near this price. With a wider and taller stance, it allows a thinner and sharper edge than usual, all whilst maintaining a thick enough spine to be durable.
There is evidence of vintage quenching techniques on the blade, made from SK high carbon steel. This steel is somewhat similar to Kigami Yellow, simple to sharpen and retains its sharp edge longer. It is also easier to maintain than the pure carbon steels such as White or Blue steel.
We may never see this same shaped knife at this price in future, unless more new old stock is discovered.
- Masatoshi Komakiri Vintage Japanese Kitchen Knife
- 240mm Komokiri Gyuto Knife
- Full Tang Construction
- Stainless Steel Pins
- SK High Carbon Steel Blade
- Rosewood Handle
- Crafted in Japan
- New Old Stock - Vintage
- 240mm Blade Edge Length / 368mm Overall Length / 2.2mm Blade Thickness / 64mm Blade Height
* As our kitchen knives are hand-made (some with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur
** This particular kitchen knife is vintage, new old stock. Although never used small inconsistencies may be present.