Masamoto Sohonten Vintage | 130mm Petty Knife (NOS)
We have limited stock of these beautifully crafted vintage (NOS) Masamoto Sohonten petty knives. They are crafted from mono SK high carbon steel and have an attractive (and comfortable) rosewood handle.
- Masamoto Sohonten (Vintage) Japanese Chef Knife
- 130mm Petty Knife
- SK high Carbon Steel (Mono)
- Rosewood Handle
- Full-Tang Construction
- New Old Stock (NOS) - Vintage*
- Crafted in Japan
- 140mm Blade Edge Length / 250mm Overall Length / 1.5mm Blade Thickness / 28mm Blade Height / 72g
* This is a NOS (new old stock) vintage knife, some small signs of age are present.
* High carbon steel knives require a small amount of care to prevent surface rust. They will change colour (patina) during use.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Petty & Paring Knives
Petty knives are narrow but can range quite widely in length, from smaller profiles that can be used as paring knives, through to longer models that verge on Sujihiki (Japanese slicing knives). Whatever size you choose, the petty knife is extremely useful in the kitchen, the perfect partner to your Gyuto.