Sourced from a closed supplier in Seki city, this new old stock kitchen knife has been waiting decades to see the light of day. Made from SK high carbon steel which is easy to sharpen and retains a very sharp edge. An absolute bargain at this price, limited stock.
- Masakane Vintage Japanese Knife
- 180mm Santoku Knife
- Full Tang Construction
- SK High Carbon Steel Blade
- Ebony Wood Handle - No Bolster
- Micro Right Hand Bevel
- Made in Japan
- New Old Stock - Vintage**
- 182mm Blade Edge Length / 300mm Overall Length / 1.9mm Blade Thickness / 46mm Blade Height / 138g
* As our Japanese chef knives are hand-made (some with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur
** This particular kitchen knife is high carbon steel and vintage, new old stock. Although never used, small signs of age may be present. High carbon knives will change colour (patina) over time, some care is required to prevent rust.
Japanese Knife | Santoku (Cook Knife)
Like it's larger cousin, the Gyuto, this is your go-to knife for any and all tasks within the kitchen. Generally Santoku knives are smaller in size than Gyuto, making them versatile in smaller home kitchens or for cooks with fledgling knife skills. Both styles of knife are multi-tasking machines that can be used for any and all cooking preparation tasks.
As is the case with most Japanese kitchen knives, the Santoku is thinner & lighter than other western chef knives, they are normally made from harder steel which can hold a sharper edge.