Kogetsu knives are known in Japan for their quality, a workhorse knife for the Japanese professional chef. Kogetsu is part of the Dento Kogeshi Gild, an approved traditional craftsman by the Japanese government.
This particular knife is a White Steel, new-old-stock vintage, there are some small signs of age and fit/finish is slightly lower, at this price however you will not find a better deba knife.
- Kogetsu NOS Japanese Chef Knife
- 165mm Deba Knife
- Shirogami (White) Steel, Carbon Clad
- Ho Wood Handle w/ Buffalo Ferrule
- Right-Hand Single Bevel
- Crafted in Japan
- Vintage New Old Stock (NOS) - Some Signs of Age
- 310mm Overall Length / 168mm Blade Edge Length / 8mm Blade Thickness / 51mm Height / 291g
* As our kitchen knives are hand-made (some with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
* Non stainless steel chef and kitchen knives require a small amount of care to prevent surface rust. Even though this can easily be removed if it does occur, we recommend you hand wash and thoroughly dry after each use, do not use a dishwasher.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Deba & Funayuki (Fish Knife)
Most Deba and Funayuki knives have a single bevel grind, with a thicker, heavier and shorter overall build. Although they are generally a specialist fish knife, some modern chefs do use these knives for other tasks such as breaking down meat and poultry. When used with the right ingredients, it can be an awakening experience.