Kiyotsuna Saku (SK-5 Steel) | 180mm Funayuki Knife
Our entry level range in traditional Japanese kitchen knives is a big seller for a reason. Great value for money, they are made from quality laminated SK-5 high carbon steel that holds a sharp. These knives are a mid level finish, hammer tone and makers marks a feature.
- Kiyotsuna Saku Japanese Kitchen Knife
- 180mm Funayuki Knife
- Laminated High Carbon Steel SK-5
- Raw Timber Japanese Style Handle w/ Plastic Ferrule
- Crafted in Japan
- 307mm Overall Length / 167mm Blade Edge Length / 4.4mm Blade Thickness
* As our kitchen knives are hand-made (some with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
* Non stainless steel kitchen and chef knives require a small amount of care to prevent surface rust. Even though this can easily be removed if it does occur, we recommend you hand wash and thoroughly dry after each use, do not use a dishwasher. For extended storage, coat in an oil like our Tsubaki.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Deba & Funayuki (Fish Knife)
Most Deba and Funayuki knives have a single bevel grind, with a thicker, heavier and shorter overall build. Although they are generally a specialist fish knife, some modern chefs do use these knives for other tasks such as breaking down meat and poultry. When used with the right ingredients, it can be an awakening experience.