Crafted in Japan from AUS8A stainless steel these knives are impressive for this price point. AUS8A is somewhat under-appreciated, it is not quite the level of VG-10, but pretty close. Holds a sharp edge very well, has good rust resistance, and not too difficult to sharpen.
- Kiyotsuna Jyou Saku Japanese Kitchen Knife
- 150mm Deba Knife
- Laminated High Carbon, AUS8A Stainless Steel
- Timber Japanese Style Handle w/ Plastic Ferrule
- Crafted in Japan
- 284mm Overall Length / 150mm Blade Edge Length / 7.6mm Blade Thickness
* As our kitchen knives are hand-made (some with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
* Non stainless steel kitchen and chef knives require a small amount of care to prevent surface rust. Even though this can easily be removed if it does occur, we recommend you hand wash and thoroughly dry after each use, do not use a dishwasher. For extended storage, coat in an oil like our Tsubaki.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Deba & Funayuki (Fish Knife)
Most Deba and Funayuki knives have a single bevel grind, with a thicker, heavier and shorter overall build. Although they are generally a specialist fish knife, some modern chefs do use these knives for other tasks such as breaking down meat and poultry. When used with the right ingredients, it can be an awakening experience.