Crafted from semi stainless steel this gyuto knife is extremely tall (70mm). A very cool addition to your knife roll, capable of many tasks in the kitchen.
- Kanehide Bessaku Japanese Knife
- 270mm Komakiri Gyuto Knife
- Mono Semi-Stainless Steel*
- Micro Right Hand Grind
- Still fine for most left hand users
- Rosewood Handle
- Crafted in Japan
- 268mm Edge Length / 395mm Overall Length / 2.4mm Blade Thickness / 70mm Blade Height / 305g
* This knife is crafted with a semi-stainless steel, some care is required to prevent rust.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Gyuto (Chef Knife)
The Gyuto, or Japanese chef knife, is widely considered to be the most versatile kitchen knife for both professional chefs & home cooks alike.
With a variety of sizes and shapes available, generally the Gyuto is similar to western style chef knives in shape, however thinner, lighter, made of harder steel and retains a sharper edge. They consist of a flat mid-heel section for chopping, a curve towards the tip for rock cutting and a pointed tip for precision work.
If you are going to purchase just 1 good knife, the Gyuto (or perhaps the similar Santoku) would absolutely be the knife to choose.