For environments where a plastic / food-safe handle is required. Honesuki boning knife of semi-stainless steel.
- Kanehide Bessaku Japanese Knife
- 140mm Honesuki Maru (Boning) Knife
- Right Hand Micro Bevel
- Mono Semi Stainless Steel
- Elastomer Plastic Western Handle
- Crafted in Seki-Gifu, Japan
- 140mm Blade Edge Length / 276mm Overall Length / 2.3mm Blade Thickness / 30mm Blade Height / 111g
Traditional Japanese Knife | Honesuki Knife
The honesuki knife is the Japanese version of a boning knife. They differ in shape to their western counterparts, as well as having a more rigid blade. These knives are mainly useful for poultry boning, but are also great as a utility or petty knife. There are single bevel variants of the honesuki knife suited specifically to left or right hand users, as well as dual bevel variants. Single bevel is the traditional method of grind.