Hand-crafted in Tosa Japan, Kajiwara Kurouchi are a high performance carbon steel knife with a rustic aesthetic. The grind is thicker than other knives of this ilk, making it better at resisting chips and more suitable for harder work in the kitchen. Aogami (Blue) steel rusts slower than it's White equivalent, making it a sound starting knife into the world of carbon steel.
The fit and finish of these knives is a little lower than others but the quenching and performance more than makes up for it.
- Kajiwara Kurouchi Japanese Knife
- Tosa, Japan
- Blacksmith: Tsutomu Kajiwara
- 240mm Kiritsuke Gyuto Knife
- Kurouchi (Rustic) Finish
- Aogami (Blue) #1, Soft Iron Clad
- Rengus Wood Handle w/ Wenge & Oak Ferrule
- Hand crafted in Japan
- 241mm Blade Edge Length / 396mm Overall Length / 4.3mm Blade Thickness / 50mm Blade Height / 210g
* Slight variation to colour and size/weight is expected with this range.
* High carbon steel kitchen knives will change colour (patina) during use, some care is required to prevent surface rust.