Hand crafted by master blacksmith Kunio Ishikawa, these damascus steel knives represent outstanding value and performance. Hard to think of any hand made knives at this level anywhere near this price point, highly recommended.
- Kajibee Japanese Knife
- 165mm Santoku Knife
- Aogami (Blue) # 2 Carbon Steel
- Carbon Damascus Clad
- Sakura Handle, Pakka Ferrule
- Hand-Crafted in Japan
- 170mm Blade Edge Length / 314mm Overall Length / 50mm Height / 3.5mm Blade Thickness / 133g
* Our Japanese kitchen knives are hand-made (some with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
* High carbon knives will change colour (patina) in use, a small amount of care is required to prevent rust.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Santoku (Home Cook Knife)
Like it's larger cousin, the Gyuto, this is your go-to knife for any and all tasks within the kitchen. Generally Santoku knives are smaller in size than Gyuto, making them versatile in smaller home kitchens or for cooks with fledgling knife skills. Both styles of knife are multi-tasking machines that can be used for any and all cooking preparation tasks.
As is the case with most Japanese kitchen knives, the Santoku is thinner & lighter than other western chef knives, they are normally made from harder steel which can hold a sharper edge.