Hand crafted by master blacksmith Kunio Ishikawa, these damascus steel knives represent outstanding value and performance. Hard to think of any hand made knives at this level anywhere near this price point, highly recommended.
- Kajibee Japanese Knife
- 165mm Nakiri Knife
- Aogami (Blue) # 2 Carbon Steel
- Carbon Damascus Clad
- Sakura Handle, Pakka Ferrule
- Hand-Crafted in Japan
- 162mm Blade Edge Length / 315mm Overall Length / 54mm Height / 3.7mm Blade Thickness / 169g
* Our Japanese kitchen knives are hand-made (some with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
* High carbon knives will change colour (patina) in use, a small amount of care is required to prevent rust.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Nakiri (Vegetable Knife)
Nakiri knives have a flat profile and tall blade height which aids in push chopping but does make rock style cutting a little uncomfortable. The Nakiri, like many western style chef knives has a double bevel grind, in contrast to the Japanese style vegetable knife, the Usuba, which is single bevel. Whilst a Gyuto or Santoku does do a good job at cutting vegetables, the larger flat bottom of a Nakiri or Usuba make the task much easier. The Nakiri is one of our favourite profiles, highly recommended.