Crafted completely by hand by Jiro Nakagawa of Nagano Japan is one of the most outstanding new knives in production.
Serial #068 are currently available. These are the new profile, outstanding in all respects.
You can select either 066 or 068 in the drop down above. Both pictured herein.
- Jiro Tsuchime Japanese Chef Knife
- Jiro Nakagawa Blacksmith, Nagano Japan
- 240mm Gyuto Knife - No Handle
- Shirogami #1 (White) High Carbon Steel
- Soft Iron Clad
- No Handle
- Hand-Crafted and Hand-Forged in Japan
- Hand sharpened using sword polishing technique
- Finish sharpened on Uchigumori
- Free International Shipment
- Each Knife is Hand Engraved (on Tang and/or Blade):
- Jiro San's Marking
- Individual Serial Number
- Date of Manufacturer
- Each knife is supplied with hand written note, showing:
- Serial number
- Knife shape / profile
- Knife steel
- Handle shape
- Knife size
- Date of manufacture
- #066: 246mm Blade Edge Length | 360mm Overall Length | 3.8mm Blade Thickness | 53mm Heel Height | 180g
- #068: 246mm Blade Edge Length | 370mm Overall Length | 5mm Blade Thickness | 48mm Heel Height | 200g
* These knives are hand forged and hand crafted, slight variation to size and finish is expected. Each knife is a work of art. #061 is not pictured herein.
* Non stainless steel kitchen knives require a small amount of care to prevent surface rust.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Gyuto (Chef Knife)