Jiro Tsuchime Tagayasan | 170mm Santoku Knife (Western)
Crafted completely by hand by Jiro Nakagawa of Nagano Japan is one of the most outstanding new knives in production.
Demand is very high for this rare knife, all are currently sold but more are expected in August (2019). Please contact us to join the pre-order list, prices are expected to rise once pre-orders are complete.
- Jiro Tsuchime Japanese Chef Knife
- Jiro Nakagawa Blacksmith, Nagano Japan
- 170mm Santoku Knife - Western
- Shirogami #1 (White) High Carbon Steel
- Soft Iron Clad
- Tagayasan Western Handle
- Hand-Crafted and Hand-Forged in Japan
- Hand sharpened using sword polishing technique
- Finish sharpened on Uchigumori
- Each Knife is Hand Engraved (on Tang and/or Blade):
- Jiro San's Marking
- Individual Serial Number
- Date of Manufacturer
- Each knife is supplied with hand written note, showing:
- Serial number
- Knife shape / profile
- Knife steel
- Handle shape
- Knife size
- Date of manufacture
- 170mm Blade Edge Length | 300mm Overall Length | 3.7mm Blade Thickness | 216g
* These knives are hand forged and hand crafted, slight variation to size and finish is expected. Each knife is a work of art.
* Non stainless steel kitchen knives require a small amount of care to prevent surface rust. Even though this can easily be removed if it does occur, we recommend you hand wash and thoroughly dry after each use, do not use a dishwasher. For extended storage, coat in an oil like our Tsubaki.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Santoku (Home Cook Knife)
Like it's larger cousin, the Gyuto, this is your go-to knife for any and all tasks within the kitchen. Generally Santoku knives are smaller in size than Gyuto, making them versatile in smaller home kitchens or for cooks with fledgling knife skills. Both styles of knife are multi-tasking machines that can be used for any and all cooking preparation tasks.
As is the case with most Japanese kitchen knives, the Santoku is thinner & lighter than other western chef knives, they are normally made from harder steel which can hold a sharper edge.