Hand-crafted in Echizen Japan, Ittetsu Kurouchi are a high performance carbon knife with an attractive rustic aesthetic. The grind is thin behind the edge with a little weight at the spine, amazing value for a White #1 hand forged knife.
- Ittetsu Kurouchi Japanese Knife
- Echizen, Japan
- 165mm Nakiri Knife
- Shirogami (white) #1, Soft Iron Clad
- Mono Walnut Handle
- Hand crafted in Japan
- 165mm Blade Edge Length / 315mm Overall Length / 3.1mm Blade Thickness / 49mm Blade Height / 151g
* High carbon steel kitchen knives will change colour (patina) during use, some care is required to prevent surface rust.
* As our kitchen knives are hand-made (some with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Nakiri (Vegetable Knife)
Nakiri knives have a flat profile and tall blade height which aids in push chopping but does make rock style cutting a little uncomfortable. The Nakiri, like many western style chef knives has a double bevel grind, in contrast to the Japanese style vegetable knife, the Usuba, which is single bevel. Whilst a Gyuto or Santoku does do a good job at cutting vegetables, the larger flat bottom of a Nakiri or Usuba make the task much easier. The Nakiri is one of our favourite profiles, highly recommended.