Hand-crafted in Echizen Japan, Ittetsu Kurouchi are a high performance carbon steel knife with a rustic aesthetic. The grind is thin behind the edge which yields an extremely good cutting performance, some care is required however to prevent chips.
The fit and finish of these knives is a little lower than others but the performance more than makes up for it, it is amazing value for a White #1 hand forged knife.
- Ittetsu Kurouchi Japanese Knife
- Echizen, Japan
- 150mm Petty Knife
- Kurouchi (Rustic) Finish
- Shirogami (white) #1, Soft Iron Clad
- Mono Walnut Handle
- Hand crafted in Japan
- 152mm Blade Edge Length / 280mm Overall Length / 1.9mm Blade Thickness / 28mm Blade Height / 65g
* High carbon steel kitchen knives will change colour (patina) during use, some care is required to prevent surface rust.
* This knife is a thin white steel blade, performance levels are extremely high but some care is required to prevent chipping.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Petty & Paring Knives
Petty knives are narrow but can range quite widely in length, from smaller profiles that can be used as paring knives, through to longer models that verge on Sujihiki (Japanese slicing knives). Whatever size you choose, the petty knife is extremely useful in the kitchen, the perfect partner to your Gyuto.