Hitohira Togashi Yohei Mizu Honyaki | 240mm Gyuto Knife (Aogami) #009
The pinnacle of performance and craftsmanship, this fine Honyaki knife is about as rare as it gets. Aogami (blue steel) honyaki are extremely hard to produce with many sharpeners not able to work with such hard steel. This particular knife is not sharpened by Togashi as is the case with their knives on normal occasion, it has been finished by one of Sakai's greatest, Yohei San.
Completing this amazing piece is an extremely rare Masur Birch timber handle. Only 1 is available here, there are just 2 in existence.
- Hitohira Togashi Yohei Honyaki Kitchen Knife
- 240mm Gyuto Knife
- Togashi Blacksmith, Sakai Japan
- Yohei Sharpener
- Taihei Handle Maker
- Aogami (Blue) #1 High Carbon Steel
- Honyaki Construction
- Masur Birch Handle & Buffalo Ferrule
- Saya Included
- Hand-Forged & Hand-Crafted in Japan
- Free International Shipment
- 226mm Blade Edge Length / 386mm Overall Length / 2.5mm Blade Thickness / 49mm Blade Height / 182g
* Knife as pictured, just 1 is available.
* High carbon steel chef knives will change colour (patina) in use, a small amount of care is required to prevent rust.