New from Togashi Japan, the Tachi line are something special. Sharpened and finished horizontally, the scratch patterns align with the users blade wiping motion. These knives are clean and refined with a touch of Shigefusa vibe about them.
- Hitohira Togashi Japanese Chef Knife
- 180mm Mioroshi Deba Knife
- Tachi (Horizontal) Finishing
- Shirogami (White) #2 High Carbon Steel
- Soft Iron Clad
- D Ho Wood Handle, Buffalo Ferrule
- Right Hand Bevel
- Timber Saya (Knife Sheath) Included
- Hand-crafted in Japan
- 330mm Total Length | 184mm Edge Length | 4.1mm Thickness | 41mm Height | 187g
* High carbon knives will patina and change colour over time. Some care is required to prevent rust.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Deba & Funayuki (Fish Knife)
Most Deba and Funayuki knives have a single bevel grind, with a thicker, heavier and shorter overall build. Although they are generally a specialist fish knife, some modern chefs do use these knives for other tasks such as breaking down meat and poultry. When used with the right ingredients, it can be an awakening experience.