Hitohira Togashi Shirogami | 150mm Deba Knife - Tachi
New from Togashi Japan, the Tachi line are something special. Sharpened and finished horizontally, the scratch patterns align with the users blade wiping motion. These knives are clean and refined with a touch of Shigefusa vibe about them.
- Hitohira Togashi Japanese Chef Knife
- 150mm Deba Knife
- Tachi (Horizontal) Finishing
- Shirogami (White) #2 High Carbon Steel
- Soft Iron Clad
- Ho Wood Handle, Buffalo Ferrule
- Right Hand Bevel
- Timber Saya (Knife Sheath) Included
- Hand-crafted in Japan
- 386mm Total Length | 154mm Edge Length | 4.8mm Thickness | 48mm Height | 192g
* High carbon knives will patina and change colour over time. Some care is required to prevent rust.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Deba & Funayuki (Fish Knife)
Most Deba and Funayuki knives have a single bevel grind, with a thicker, heavier and shorter overall build. Although they are generally a specialist fish knife, some modern chefs do use these knives for other tasks such as breaking down meat and poultry. When used with the right ingredients, it can be an awakening experience.