Hitohira Togashi Kurouchi | 170mm Bunka Knife (Shirogami)
Hand forged by Togashi blacksmith, Sakai Japan, this custom order bunka knife is pretty special (and seriously good value for such high performance).
- Hitohira Togashi Japanese Knife
- 170mm Bunka Knife
- Togashi Blacksmith, Sakai
- Shirogami #2 (White) High Carbon Steel
- Soft Iron Clad
- Tagayasan Handle & Ebony Ferrule
- Hand-Crafted in Japan
- 172mm Blade Edge Length / 322mm Overall Length / 2.4mm Blade Thickness / 51mm Height / 167g
* Non stainless steel kitchen knives require a small amount of care to prevent surface rust.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Bunka (Cook Knife)
Also like it's larger cousin, the Gyuto, this is your go-to knife for any and all tasks within the kitchen. Generally Bunka knives are smaller in size than Gyuto, making them versatile in smaller home kitchens or for cooks with fledgling knife skills. Both styles of knife are multi-tasking machines that can be used for any and all cooking preparation tasks.
As is the case with most Japanese kitchen knives, the Bunka knife is thinner & lighter than other western chef knives, they are normally made from harder steel which can hold a sharper edge.