Hitohira Togashi Kambei Mizu Honyaki | 240mm Gyuto Knife (Aogami)
The pinnacle of performance and craftsmanship, this fine Honyaki knife is about as rare as it gets. Aogami (blue steel) honyaki are extremely hard to produce with many sharpeners not able to work with such hard steel. This particular knife is not sharpened by Togashi as is the case with their knives on normal occasion, it has been finished by one of Sakai's greatest, Kambei San.
Completing this amazing piece is an extremely rare persimmon timber handle, saved for only the best knives produced. Only 1 is available here, there are just 2 in existence.
- Hitohira Togashi Kambei Honyaki Kitchen Knife
- 240mm Gyuto Knife
- Togashi Blacksmith, Sakai Japan
- Kambei Sharpener
- Taihei Handle Maker
- Aogami (Blue) #1 High Carbon Steel
- Honyaki Construction
- Persimmon Handle & Buffalo Ferrule
- No Saya or Kiri Box Included
- Hand-Forged & Hand-Crafted in Japan
- Free International Shipment
- 232mm Blade Edge Length / 392mm Overall Length / 2.6mm Blade Thickness / 52mm Blade Height / 221g
* Knife as pictured, just 1 is available.
* High carbon steel chef knives will change colour (patina) in use, a small amount of care is required to prevent rust.