Crafted in Seki-Gifu Japan by a master blacksmith these forged VG10 stainless knives are an elegant performer that's easy to maintain, highly recommended.
- Hitohira TH Japanese Knife
- 180mm Bunka Knife
- Forged VG10 Stainless Steel
- Stainless Damascus Clad
- Red Pakka Wood / Pakka Ferrule
- Hand-Crafted in Japan
- 176mm Blade Edge Length / 332mm Overall Length / 1.7mm Blade Thickness / 47mm Blade Height / 161g
* Our Japanese kitchen knives are hand-made (some with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Bunka (Home Cook Knife)
Also like it's larger cousin, the Gyuto, this is your go-to knife for any and all tasks within the kitchen. Generally Bunka knives are smaller in size than Gyuto, making them versatile in smaller home kitchens or for cooks with fledgling knife skills. Both styles of knife are multi-tasking machines that can be used for any and all cooking preparation tasks.
As is the case with most Japanese kitchen knives, the Bunka knife is thinner & lighter than other western chef knives, they are normally made from harder steel which can hold a sharper edge.