Crafted in Niigata Japan, the TD range from Hitohira has an Aogami (blue) steel high carbon core/edge (one of the sharpest steels), along with stainless cladding (for ease of maintenance). The handle is a stand-out, what is called a "fusion", half way between a western handle (comfortable for most) and the Japanese style. At this price there is very little that comes close to the performance, the perfect introduction to carbon steel and Japanese knives.
- Hitohira TD Japanese Chef Knife
- 90mm Paring Knife
- Aogami (Blue) #2 - High Carbon Steel
- Soft Stainless Cladding
- Walnut Fusion Handle
- Crafted in Japan
- 94mm Blade Edge Length / 200mm Overall Length / 1.4mm Thickness / 24mm Heel Height / 48g
* As our Japanese kitchen knives are hand-made (some with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
* High carbon steel (found in the core / edge of this chef knife) will change colour (patina) over time. Some care is required to prevent rust.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Petty & Paring Knives
Petty knives are narrow but can range quite widely in length, from smaller profiles that can be used as paring knives, through to longer models that verge on Sujihiki (Japanese slicing knives). Whatever size you choose, the petty knife is extremely useful in the kitchen, the perfect partner to your Gyuto.