Hitohira Tanaka Yohei | 180mm Kasumi Santoku Knife (Shirogami)
Hand crafted by legendary blacksmith Tanaka San, this high performance gyuto is an extremely sharp and nimble knife. This is a limited release, only 1 available (as pictured).
- Hitohira Tanaka Yohei Japanese Kitchen Knife
- 180mm Kasumi Santoku Knife
- Tanaka Blacksmith
- Yohei Sharpener
- Shirogami (White) #1, Soft Iron Clad
- Sakura (Cherry Tree) & Ebony Ferrule
- Hand-Crafted in Japan
- 164mm Blade Edge Length / 314mm Overall Length / 2.7mm Blade Thickness / 45mm Height / 139g
* Non stainless steel kitchen & chef knives require a small amount of care to prevent surface rust. Even though this can easily be removed if it does occur, we recommend you hand wash and thoroughly dry after each use, do not use a dishwasher. For extended storage, coat in an oil like our Tsubaki.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Santoku (Home Cook Knife)
Like it's larger cousin, the Gyuto, this is your go-to knife for any and all tasks within the kitchen. Generally Santoku knives are smaller in size than Gyuto, making them versatile in smaller home kitchens or for cooks with fledgling knife skills. Both styles of knife are multi-tasking machines that can be used for any and all cooking preparation tasks.
As is the case with most Japanese kitchen knives, the Santoku is thinner & lighter than other western chef knives, they are normally made from harder steel which can hold a sharper edge.