We rarely see the Santoku profile at this (very high) level of performance. Hand crafted by legendary blacksmith Yoshikazu Tanaka and sharpened by renowned Sakai sharpener Kyuzo San. These knives are finished with the rare Yakusugi Cedar timber handle.
- Hitohira Tanaka Kyuzo Japanese Knife
- 180mm Santoku Knife
- Tanaka Blacksmith
- Kyuzo Sharpener
- Taihei Handle
- Aogami (Blue) #1, Soft Iron Clad
- Yakusugi Cedar and Buffalo Handle
- Hand-Crafted in Japan
- 175mm Blade Edge Length / 320mm Overall Length / 2.8mm Blade Thickness / 52mm Blade Height / 158g
* High carbon chef knives will change colour (patina) during use, some care is required to prevent rust.
Japanese Knife | Santoku (Cook Knife)
Like it's larger cousin, the Gyuto, this is your go-to knife for any and all tasks within the kitchen. Generally Santoku knives are smaller in size than Gyuto, making them versatile in smaller home kitchens or for cooks with fledgling knife skills. Both styles of knife are multi-tasking machines that can be used for any and all cooking preparation tasks.
As is the case with most Japanese kitchen knives, the Santoku is thinner & lighter than other western chef knives, they are normally made from harder steel which can hold a sharper edge.