Hitohira Tanaka Kyuzo | 180mm Bunka Knife (Blue #1)
This striking Bunka knife is the epitome of class and performance. Hand crafted by legendary blacksmith Tanaka San, sharpened by renowned Sakai sharpener Kyuzo San, then finished with a Ziricote or (very special) Kurokaki Persimmon handle.
Just 1 persimmon (pictured) and 2 ziricote knives are available, these are something special.
- Hitohira Tanaka Kyuzo Japanese Knife
- 180mm Bunka Knife
- Tanaka Blacksmith
- Kyuzo Sharpener
- Taihei Handle
- Aogami (Blue) #1, Soft Iron Clad
- Handle Choice:
- Ziricote & Buffalo
- Kurokaki Persimmon & Buffalo
- Hand-Crafted in Japan
- 177mm Blade Edge Length / 325mm Overall Length / 1.9mm Blade Thickness / 49mm Blade Height / 151g
* High carbon chef knives will change colour (patina) over time, some care is required to prevent surface rust.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Bunka (Home Cook Knife)
Also like it's larger cousin, the Gyuto, this is your go-to knife for any and all tasks within the kitchen. Generally Bunka knives are smaller in size than Gyuto, making them versatile in smaller home kitchens or for cooks with fledgling knife skills. Both styles of knife are multi-tasking machines that can be used for any and all cooking preparation tasks.
As is the case with most Japanese kitchen knives, the Bunka knife is thinner & lighter than other western chef knives, they are normally made from harder steel which can hold a sharper edge