This stunning high carbon petty is a new design by Hitohira Japan, much taller than most petty knives. It's the perfect shape for, well, just about anything. We absolutely love this profile.
Hand crafted by Yoshikazu Tanaka and sharpened by Kyuzo in Aogami #1.
- Hitohira Tanaka Kyuzo Japanese Knife
- 165mm Petty Knife (Extra Height)
- Tanaka Blacksmith
- Kyuzo Sharpener
- Taihei Handle Maker
- Aogami (Blue) #1, Soft Iron Clad
- Yakusugi Cedar & Buffalo Handle
- Hand-Crafted in Japan
- 158mm Blade Edge Length / 298mm Overall Length / 2.2mm Blade Thickness / 40mm Blade Height / 94g
* High carbon knives will change colour (patina) in use, some care is required to prevent rust.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Petty & Paring Knives
Petty knives are narrow but can range quite widely in length, from smaller profiles that can be used as paring knives, through to longer models that verge on Sujihiki (Japanese slicing knives). Whatever size you choose, the petty knife is extremely useful in the kitchen, the perfect partner to your Gyuto.