Crafted in Fukui Japan, the STK series is an excellent combination of craftsmanship, materials and design. This variant possesses a high quality forged blade of VG10 with stainless Damascus cladding in a tsuchime finish.
These knives are thin behind the edge with a comfortable handle and nice balance, a quality mid range option which we are very much enjoying.
- Hitohira STK Japanese Kitchen Knife
- 165mm Santoku Knife
- VG10 Stainless Steel
- Stainless Damascus Steel Cladding
- Tsuchime (Hammer-Tone) Finish
- Morado Wood Handle
- Pakka Ferrule
- Hand-crafted in Japan
- 166mm Blade Edge Length / 308mm Overall Length / 1.8mm Blade Thickness / 49mm Blade Height / 136g
* As our Japanese chef knives are hand-made (some with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Santoku (Home Cook Knife)
Like it's larger cousin, the Gyuto, this is your go-to knife for any and all tasks within the kitchen. Generally Santoku knives are smaller in size than Gyuto, making them versatile in smaller home kitchens or for cooks with fledgling knife skills. Both styles of knife are multi-tasking machines that can be used for any and all cooking preparation tasks.
As is the case with most Japanese kitchen knives, the Santoku is thinner & lighter than other western chef knives, they are normally made from harder steel which can hold a sharper edge.