Crafted in Fukui Japan, the STK series is an excellent combination of materials and design. A high quality forged blade of Shirogami #2 high carbon and carbon Damascus cladding, with kurouchi (rustic) finish.
These knives are thin behind the edge with a comfortable handle and nice balance, a quality mid range option which we are very much enjoying.
- Hitohira STK Japanese Kitchen Knife
- 165mm Nakiri Knife
- Shirogami (White) #2
- Carbon Damascus Steel Cladding
- Kurouchi (Rustic) Finish
- Ho Wood Handle
- Pakka Ferrule
- Hand-crafted in Japan
- 158mm Blade Edge Length / 304mm Overall Length / 2.9mm Blade Thickness / 52mm Blade Height / 118g
* As our Japanese chef knives are hand-made (some with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
* High carbon chef knives will change colour (patina) over time, a small amount of extra care is required to prevent rust. This knife is stainless clad, only a small amount of high carbon steel is exposed.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Nakiri (Vegetable Knife)
Nakiri knives have a flat profile and tall blade height which aids in push chopping but does make rock style cutting a little uncomfortable. The Nakiri, like many western style chef knives has a double bevel grind, in contrast to the Japanese style vegetable knife, the Usuba, which is single bevel. Whilst a Gyuto or Santoku does do a good job at cutting vegetables, the larger flat bottom of a Nakiri or Usuba make the task much easier. The Nakiri is one of our favourite profiles, highly recommended.