Hitohira Kikuchiyo Sakura (Stainless) | 300mm Sakimaru Knife
Hand forged in Sakai Japan, we have just 1 of this limited edition Sakura stainless damascus steel sakimaru knife. Knife as pictured, this is very special.
- Hitohira Kikuchiyo Mosuke Japanese Kitchen Knife
- Limited Edition Sakura Model
- Mosuke Sharpener
- 300mm Sakimaru Takobiki Knife
- VG-10 Stainless Steel
- Soft Stainless Clad
- Custom Sakura (Cherry Blossom) Finish
- Sakura Wood Handle w/ Buffalo Ferrule
- Timber Saya Included
- Right Hand Bevel
- Hand-crafted in Japan
- 450mm Total Length / 290mm Edge Length / 2.9mm Thickness / 30mm Height / 170g
* Knife as pictured, just 1 is available.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Sakimaru (Slicing Knife)
Like it's Yanagiba cousin, the Sakimaru knife is traditional style of Japanese chef knife, generally used for the preparation of sashimi. Sakimaru knives (like Yanagiba) are a long, thick single bevel knife, the difference being the tip design of a Sakimaru being pointed. Although mainly used by the elite to prepare fish, some western chefs do use these knives for other slicing duties like roast meat carving.