Crafted in Sakai, Japan by renowned blacksmith Kikuchiyo and sharpened by up and coming star Ren. This is a special knife and amazing value for such a high quality hand forged carbon steel blade. Ren is the grandson of one of the best sharpeners that ever graced Japan's shore's, Morihiro San. These knives are being sold close to cost to help him gain experience.
- Hitohira Kikuchiyo Ren Japanese Knife
- 180mm Santoku Knife
- Kikuchiyo Blacksmith
- Ren Sharpener
- Aogami (Blue) #2, Soft Iron Clad
- Ho Wood Handle, Buffalo Ferrule
- Hand-Crafted in Japan
- 167mm Blade Edge Length / 318mm Overall Length / 2.6mm Blade Thickness / 48mm Blade Height / 136g
* As our kitchen knives are hand-made, small variation to size and colour may occur.
Carbon steel knives require a small amount of care to prevent surface rust. They will change colour (patina) in use.
Japanese Knife | Santoku (Cook Knife)
Like it's larger cousin, the Gyuto, this is your go-to knife for any and all tasks within the kitchen. Generally Santoku knives are smaller in size than Gyuto, making them versatile in smaller home kitchens or for cooks with fledgling knife skills. Both styles of knife are multi-tasking machines that can be used for any and all cooking preparation tasks.
As is the case with most Japanese kitchen knives, the Santoku is thinner & lighter than other western chef knives, they are normally made from harder steel which can hold a sharper edge.