Hitohira Kikuchiyo Manzo (Shirogami #3) | 195mm Kamagata Usuba Knife
Hand-crafted in Sakai, Japan by renowned blacksmith Kikuchiyo San, this beautiful example of a Kamagata Usuba is a well balanced gem. Suitable for the professional chef or knife enthusiast, it is unbeatable at this price point.
- Hitohira Kikuchiyo Manzo Japanese Kitchen Knife
- 195mm Kamagata Usuba Knife
- Single Bevel - Right Hand
- Shirogami (White) #3 Hagane (Core)
- Soft Iron Jigane (Cladding)
- D Ho Wood Handle / Buffalo Ferrule
- Hand-Crafted in Japan
- 338mm Overall Length / 182mm Blade Edge Length / 4.2mm Blade Thickness / 48mm Blade Height / 199g
* As our Japanese kitchen knives are hand-made (most with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
* Non stainless steel kitchen and chef knives require a small amount of care to prevent surface rust. Even though this rust can easily be removed, we recommend you hand wash and thoroughly dry after each use, do not use a dishwasher. For extended storage, coat in an oil like our Tsubaki.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Usuba (Vegetable Knife)
Usuba knives have a flat profile which aids in push chopping but does make rock style cutting a little uncomfortable. Chefs that cook with vegetables often really appreciate this style, quite specialised but it excels in this cooking arena.
Godammit, ProTooling are the best.
A great knife from a good friend of mine. Good knife, hansom chef, the perfect marriage.
Chef Rang - Master, Celebrity, Legend
The Japanese are masters of their art and ProTooling are always really welcoming and down-to-earth, willing to spend time finding a knife to suit you.
Lennox Hastie - Firedoor
ProTooling offers stunning service & a wide range of amazing quality products. The staff are super knowledgeable, kind & patient, making the selection process very easy. They genuinely care about their products & service, it’s why I keep going back.
Anjali - Sous Chef, Saint Peter
ProTooling are unrivalled in product knowledge, knife diversity and above all a burning desire to provide true quality craftsmanship. It truly inspires us as chefs, cooks and craftsman alike to reflect on our own depth of knowledge, skills and industry awareness when surrounded by such informed professionals like ProTooling.
Oscar Solomon - GRECA Executive Chef
The team at ProTooling are master at their craft and incredibly kind and helpful while do so! Every time I drop my knives off, I feel a sense of relief as I know how well looked after they are. Love this place and the team - thanks for everything you do ProTooling!
Ismat - Recipe Developer / Photo Chef
I have built a very strong relationship with ProTooling. Paul (the owner) has a very good attitude and that reflects in the products he stands behind. He provides only the best quality through all of the good relationships he has been able to grow throughout the years with the top craftsmen in Japan. He and his staff are amazing. Keep up the good work.
Nicola - Chef / Knife Connoisseur