Hand-crafted in Sakai, Japan by renowned blacksmith Kikuchiyo San, this beautiful Blue #2 Usuba is a well balanced gem. Suitable for the professional chef or knife enthusiast, it comes complete with upgraded walnut handle and ho wood saya.
- Hitohira Kikuchiyo Manzo Japanese Knife
- 195mm Usuba Knife
- Single Bevel - Right Hand
- Aogami (Blue) #2
- Soft Iron Cladding
- Walnut & Pakka Handle
- Saya Included
- Hand-Crafted in Japan
- 343mm Overall Length / 182mm Blade Edge Length / 3.8mm Blade Thickness / 47mm Blade Height / 220g
* As our Japanese kitchen knives are hand-made (most with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
* Non stainless steel kitchen and chef knives require a small amount of care to prevent surface rust. Even though this rust can easily be removed, we recommend you hand wash and thoroughly dry after each use, do not use a dishwasher. For extended storage, coat in an oil like our Tsubaki.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Usuba (Vegetable Knife)
Usuba knives have a flat profile which aids in push chopping but does make rock style cutting a little uncomfortable. Chefs that cook with vegetables often really appreciate this style, quite specialised but it excels in this cooking arena.