Hitohira Kikuchiyo Manzo | 165mm Deba Knife
Crafted in Sakai Japan by renowned blacksmith Kikuchiyo San and sharpened by the talented Manzo, this Deba knife is a great value high carbon steel workhorse.
- Hitohira Kikuchiyo Manzo Japanese Knife
- 165mm Deba Knife
- Shirogami (White) #3 High Carbon Steel
- Soft Iron Clad
- D Ho Wood Handle, Buffalo Ferrule
- Right Hand Bevel
- No Saya
- Hand-crafted in Japan
- 311mm Total Length | 172mm Edge Length | 6.7mm Thickness | 52mm Height | 274g
* High carbon knives will patina and change colour over time. Some care is required to prevent rust.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Deba & Funayuki (Fish Knife)
Most Deba and Funayuki knives have a single bevel grind, with a thicker, heavier and shorter overall build. Although they are generally a specialist fish knife, some modern chefs do use these knives for other tasks such as breaking down meat and poultry. When used with the right ingredients, it can be an awakening experience.