Hitohira Kikuchiyo Kyuzo | 180mm Santoku Knife (Kuro or Migaki)
Hand-crafted in Sakai, Japan by renowned blacksmith Kikuchiyo and sharpened by one of the best, Kyuzo San, these stunning knives are available in very limited numbers. Made from high carbon shirogami steel these knives represent some of the best value we have seen, almost equal in performance to knives $800+.
- Hitohira Kikuchiyo Kyuzo Japanese Knife
- 180mm Santoku Knife
- Finish Available (Please Select):
- Kuro (Black)
- Migaki (Polished Silver)
- Kikuchiyo Blacksmith
- Kyuzo Sharpener
- Shirogami White #2, Soft Iron Clad
- Sakura Timber Handle, Ebony Ferrule
- Hand-Crafted in Japan
- 167mm Blade Edge Length / 315mm Overall Length / 2.5mm Blade Thickness / 47mm Height / 148g
* Our knives are hand-crafted with natural materials like timber, small variation to size and colour may occur. The black finish may change over time due to friction and scratching, both knives are high carbon and will change colour (patina) in use.
* Non stainless steel knives require a small amount of care to prevent surface rust. They are however, sharper and easier to sharpen.
Japanese Knife | Santoku (Cooks Knife)
Godammit, ProTooling are the best.
A great knife from a good friend of mine. Good knife, hansom chef, the perfect marriage.
Chef Rang - Master, Celebrity, Legend
The Japanese are masters of their art and ProTooling are always really welcoming and down-to-earth, willing to spend time finding a knife to suit you.
Lennox Hastie - Firedoor
ProTooling offers stunning service & a wide range of amazing quality products. The staff are super knowledgeable, kind & patient, making the selection process very easy. They genuinely care about their products & service, it’s why I keep going back.
Anjali - Sous Chef, Saint Peter
ProTooling are unrivalled in product knowledge, knife diversity and above all a burning desire to provide true quality craftsmanship. It truly inspires us as chefs, cooks and craftsman alike to reflect on our own depth of knowledge, skills and industry awareness when surrounded by such informed professionals like ProTooling.
Oscar Solomon - GRECA Executive Chef
The team at ProTooling are master at their craft and incredibly kind and helpful while do so! Every time I drop my knives off, I feel a sense of relief as I know how well looked after they are. Love this place and the team - thanks for everything you do ProTooling!
Ismat - Recipe Developer / Photo Chef
I have built a very strong relationship with ProTooling. Paul (the owner) has a very good attitude and that reflects in the products he stands behind. He provides only the best quality through all of the good relationships he has been able to grow throughout the years with the top craftsmen in Japan. He and his staff are amazing. Keep up the good work.
Nicola - Chef / Knife Connoisseur