Crafted in Sakai, Japan by renowned blacksmith Kikuchiyo and sharpened by the amazing Kyuzo sharpener, these stunning knives are available in very limited numbers. Made from Aogami (blue) or Shirogami (white) high carbon steel with a comfortable Japanese sakura and ebony handle, these special Nakiri represent outstanding quality and value.
- Hitohira Kikuchiyo Kyuzo Japanese Chef Knife
- 180mm Kuro Nakiri Knife
- Kikuchiyo Blacksmith
- Kyuzo Sharpener
- Shirogami (White) #2, Soft Iron Clad
- Finish Choice:
- Kurouchi (Black)
- Migaki (Polished Silver)
- Sakura Timber Handle, Ebony Ferrule
- Hand-Crafted in Japan
- 166mm Blade Edge Length / 314mm Overall Length / 2.6mm Blade Thickness / 55mm Height / 174g
* As our chef knives are hand-made (some with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur. The black finish may change over time due to friction and scratching .
* Non stainless steel kitchen knives will change colour (patina) in use, they require a small amount of care to prevent surface rust.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Nakiri (Vegetable Knife)
Nakiri knives have a flat profile and tall blade height which aids in push chopping but does make rock style cutting a little uncomfortable. The Nakiri, like many western style chef knives has a double bevel grind, in contrast to the Japanese style vegetable knife, the Usuba, which is single bevel. Whilst a Gyuto or Santoku does do a good job at cutting vegetables, the larger flat bottom of a Nakiri or Usuba make the task much easier. The Nakiri is one of our favourite profiles, highly recommended.