The Hitohira OKD brings together some of our favourite materials, shirogami (white) high carbon steel core, giving superior sharpness, and stainless steel cladding, making it easier to maintain. Cuts very well for a knife at this price.
- Hitohira Imojiya OKD Japanese Chef Knife
- 180mm Santoku Knife
- Shirogami (White) #2
- Soft Stainless Clad
- Pakka Handle (No Bolster)
- Crafted in Japan
- 178mm Blade Edge Length / 305mm Overall Length / 1.9mm Blade Thickness / 46mm Heel Height / 159g
* As our Japanese kitchen knives are hand-made (some with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
* High carbon steel (found in the core / edge of this chef knife) will change colour (patina) over time. Some care is required to prevent rust, only a small part of carbon is showing however.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Santoku (Home Cook Knife)
Like it's larger cousin, the Gyuto, this is your go-to knife for any and all tasks within the kitchen. Generally Santoku knives are smaller in size than Gyuto, making them versatile in smaller home kitchens or for cooks with fledgling knife skills. Both styles of knife are multi-tasking machines that can be used for any and all cooking preparation tasks.
As is the case with most Japanese kitchen knives, the Santoku is thinner & lighter than other western chef knives, they are normally made from harder steel which can hold a sharper edge.