Hitohira Hinode | 90mm Paring Knife
Crafted in Niigata Japan by renowned blacksmith Mutsumi Hinoura, our new Hinode lines are a meticulous stainless clad, shirogami workhorse. These knives are a more solid build with a bit more weight on the spine, a high performing knife that requires less ongoing maintenance than others at this (high) level.
2 black finishes are available for this knife. Nashiji is a more rustic look, the Kuro is a smooth finish, both very cool.
- Hitohira Hinode Japanese Knife
- Mutsumi Hinoura Blacksmith (日野浦 睦)
- Sanjo-Niigata/ Japan
- 90mm Paring Knife
- Shirogami (white) #2, Soft Stainless Clad
- Ho Wood Handle, Buffalo Ferrule
- Hand crafted in Japan
- 93mm Blade Edge Length / 220mm Overall Length / 2.7mm Blade Thickness / 34mm Blade Height / 66g
* This Japanese knife is stainless clad with a high carbon core. The small high carbon steel section near the blade edge will change colour (patina) during use, some care is required to prevent surface rust.
* As our knives are hand-made (with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Petty & Paring Knives
Petty knives are narrow but can range quite widely in length, from smaller profiles that can be used as paring knives, through to longer models that verge on Sujihiki (Japanese slicing knives). Whatever size you choose, the petty knife is extremely useful in the kitchen, the perfect partner to your Gyuto.