Hitohira Hinode | 270mm Sujihiki Knife
Crafted in Niigata Japan by renowned blacksmith Mutsumi Hinoura, our new Hinode lines are a meticulous stainless clad, shirogami workhorse. These knives are a more solid build with a bit more weight on the spine, a high performing knife that requires less ongoing maintenance than others at this (high) level.
2 black finishes are available for this knife. Nashiji is a more rustic look, the Kuro is a smooth finish, both very cool.
- Hitohira Hinode Japanese Knife
- Mutsumi Hinoura Blacksmith (日野浦 睦)
- Sanjo-Niigata/ Japan
- 270mm Sujihiki (Slicing) Knife
- Shirogami (white) #2, Soft Stainless Clad
- Ho Wood Handle, Buffalo Ferrule
- Hand crafted in Japan
- 273mm Blade Edge Length / 428mm Overall Length / 3.7mm Blade Thickness / 37mm Blade Height / 202g
* This Japanese knife is stainless clad with a high carbon core. The small high carbon steel section near the blade edge will change colour (patina) during use, some care is required to prevent surface rust.
* As our knives are hand-made (with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Sujihiki (Slicing Knife)
Godammit, ProTooling are the best.
A great knife from a good friend of mine. Good knife, hansom chef, the perfect marriage.
Chef Rang - Master, Celebrity, Legend
The Japanese are masters of their art and ProTooling are always really welcoming and down-to-earth, willing to spend time finding a knife to suit you.
Lennox Hastie - Firedoor
ProTooling offers stunning service & a wide range of amazing quality products. The staff are super knowledgeable, kind & patient, making the selection process very easy. They genuinely care about their products & service, it’s why I keep going back.
Anjali - Sous Chef, Saint Peter
ProTooling are unrivalled in product knowledge, knife diversity and above all a burning desire to provide true quality craftsmanship. It truly inspires us as chefs, cooks and craftsman alike to reflect on our own depth of knowledge, skills and industry awareness when surrounded by such informed professionals like ProTooling.
Oscar Solomon - GRECA Executive Chef
The team at ProTooling are master at their craft and incredibly kind and helpful while do so! Every time I drop my knives off, I feel a sense of relief as I know how well looked after they are. Love this place and the team - thanks for everything you do ProTooling!
Ismat - Recipe Developer / Photo Chef
I have built a very strong relationship with ProTooling. Paul (the owner) has a very good attitude and that reflects in the products he stands behind. He provides only the best quality through all of the good relationships he has been able to grow throughout the years with the top craftsmen in Japan. He and his staff are amazing. Keep up the good work.
Nicola - Chef / Knife Connoisseur