Hitohira Hinode | 270mm Sujihiki Knife
Crafted in Niigata Japan by renowned blacksmith Mutsumi Hinoura, our new Hinode lines are a meticulous stainless clad, shirogami workhorse. These knives are a more solid build with a bit more weight on the spine, a high performing knife that requires less ongoing maintenance than others at this (high) level.
2 black finishes are available for this knife. Nashiji is a more rustic look, the Kuro is a smooth finish, both very cool.
- Hitohira Hinode Japanese Knife
- Mutsumi Hinoura Blacksmith (日野浦 睦)
- Sanjo-Niigata/ Japan
- 270mm Sujihiki (Slicing) Knife
- Shirogami (white) #2, Soft Stainless Clad
- Ho Wood Handle, Buffalo Ferrule
- Hand crafted in Japan
- 273mm Blade Edge Length / 428mm Overall Length / 3.7mm Blade Thickness / 37mm Blade Height / 202g
* This Japanese knife is stainless clad with a high carbon core. The small high carbon steel section near the blade edge will change colour (patina) during use, some care is required to prevent surface rust.
* As our knives are hand-made (with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.