Crafted in Niigata Japan by renowned blacksmith Mutsumi Hinoura, these elegant knives represent some of the best finish and performance for their price point. With a unique tsuchime (hammered) Shirogami #2 high carbon blade and ho wood handle, this would have to be one of our most recommended mid-level high-carbon chef knives.
- Hitohira Hinode Japanese Kitchen Knife
- Mutsumi Hinoura Blacksmith (日野浦 睦)
- Sanjo-Niigata/ Japan
- 210mm Gyuto Knife
- Shirogami (white) #2, Soft Iron Clad
- Ho Wood Handle, Buffalo Ferrule
- Hand crafted in Japan
- 216mm Blade Edge Length / 356mm Overall Length / 2.4mm Blade Thickness / 50mm Blade Height / 184g
* High carbon steel kitchen knives will change colour (patina) during use, some care is required to prevent surface rust.
* As our kitchen knives are hand-made (some with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.