Hitohira Hinode | 150mm Petty Knife
Crafted in Niigata Japan by renowned blacksmith Mutsumi Hinoura, these elegant chef knives represent some of the best finish and performance for their price point. With a unique tsuchime (hammered finish) Shirogami #2 high carbon blade and ho wood handle, these would have to be our most recommended mid-level high-carbon chef knives.
- Hitohira Hinode Japanese Kitchen Knife
- Mutsumi Hinoura Blacksmith (日野浦 睦)
- Sanjo-Niigata/ Japan
- 150mm Petty Knife
- Shirogami (white) #2, Soft Iron Clad
- Ho Wood Handle, Buffalo Ferrule
- Hand crafted in Japan
- 152mm Blade Edge Length / 282mm Overall Length / 2.3mm Blade Thickness / 37mm Blade Height / 84g
* High carbon steel kitchen knives will change colour (patina) during use, some care is required to prevent surface rust.
* As our kitchen knives are hand-made (some with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Petty & Paring Knives
Petty knives are narrow but can range quite widely in length, from smaller profiles that can be used as paring knives, through to longer models that verge on Sujihiki (Japanese slicing knives). Whatever size you choose, the petty knife is extremely useful in the kitchen, the perfect partner to your Gyuto.