Much like their Imojiya cousins, the HG line of Damascus steel kitchen knives by Hitohira Japan are a high quality option for their modest price. High-quality VG10 stainless steel and pakka wood western handle for ease of maintenance, along with a lovely Damascus steel tsuchime (hammer tone) finish. The perfect kitchen work-horse or entry into the world of Japanese knives.
- Hitohira HG VG10 Damascus Steel Knife
- 185mm Santoku Knife
- VG10, Stainless Damascus Clad
- Tsuchime (Hammer-Tone) Finish
- Mahogany Look Pakka Handle
- Hardness: 60 HRC
- Crafted in Japan
- 185mm Blade Edge Length / 306mm Overall Length / 1.8mm Blade Thickness / 44mm Blade Height / 180g
* As our Japanese kitchen knives are hand-made (some with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Santoku (Home Cook Knife)
Like it's larger cousin, the Gyuto, this is your go-to knife for any and all tasks within the kitchen. Generally Santoku knives are smaller in size than Gyuto, making them versatile in smaller home kitchens or for cooks with fledgling knife skills. Both styles of knife are multi-tasking machines that can be used for any and all cooking preparation tasks.
As is the case with most Japanese kitchen knives, the Santoku is thinner & lighter than other western chef knives, they are normally made from harder steel which can hold a sharper edge.