Hitohira HG Tsuchime Swedish | SET: 185mm Gyuto + 135mm Petty Knife
Much like their Imojiya cousins, the HG Tsuchime Japanese kitchen knives by Hitohira Japan are a quality option for their modest price. Swedish stainless steel and pakka wood western handle for ease of maintenance along with a lovely tsuchime (hammer tone) finish. The perfect entry into the world of Japanese knives, they are thin and light.
- Hitohira HG Tsuchime Japanese Chef Knife Set
- 185mm Gyuto Knife + 135mm Petty
- Swedish Stainless Steel, Soft Stainless Clad
- Tsuchime (Hammer-Tone) Finish
- Mahogany Look Pakka Handle
- Hardness: 58-59 HRC
- Crafted in Japan
- 186mm Blade Edge Length | 304mm Overall Length | 1.6mm Blade Thickness | 43mm Blade Height | 148g
- 134mm Blade Edge Length | 242mm Overall Length | 1.7mm Blade Thickness | 27mm Blade Height | 68g
* As our Japanese kitchen knives are hand-made (some with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Santoku (Home Cook Knife)
Like it's larger cousin, the Gyuto, this is your go-to knife for any and all tasks within the kitchen. Generally Santoku knives are smaller in size than Gyuto, making them versatile in smaller home kitchens or for cooks with fledgling knife skills. Both styles of knife are multi-tasking machines that can be used for any and all cooking preparation tasks.
As is the case with most Japanese kitchen knives, the Santoku is thinner & lighter than other western chef knives, they are normally made from harder steel which can hold a sharper edge.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Petty & Paring Knives
Petty knives are narrow but can range quite widely in length, from smaller profiles that can be used as paring knives, through to longer models that verge on Sujihiki (Japanese slicing knives). Whatever size you choose, the petty knife is extremely useful in the kitchen, the perfect partner to your Gyuto.