Hitohira HG Tsuchime SW | 170mm Santoku Knife
Much like their Imojiya cousins, the HG Tsuchime Japanese knives by Hitohira Japan are a quality option for their modest price. SW stainless steel and pakka wood western handle for ease of maintenance along with a lovely tsuchime (hammer tone) finish. The perfect entry into the world of Japanese knives, they are thin and light.
- Hitohira HG Tsuchime Japanese Chef Knife
- 170mm Santoku Knife
- SW Stainless Steel, Soft Stainless Clad
- Tsuchime (Hammer-Tone) Finish
- Mahogany Look Pakka Handle
- Hardness: 58-59 HRC
- Crafted in Japan
- 170mm Blade Edge Length / 296mm Overall Length / 1.5mm Blade Thickness / 46mm Blade Height / 151g
* As our Japanese kitchen knives are hand-made (some with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Santoku (Home Cook Knife)
Like it's larger cousin, the Gyuto, this is your go-to knife for any and all tasks within the kitchen. Generally Santoku knives are smaller in size than Gyuto, making them versatile in smaller home kitchens or for cooks with fledgling knife skills. Both styles of knife are multi-tasking machines that can be used for any and all cooking preparation tasks.
As is the case with most Japanese kitchen knives, the Santoku is thinner & lighter than other western chef knives, they are normally made from harder steel which can hold a sharper edge.