Hitohira HG Tsuchime SW | 165mm Nakiri Knife
Much like their Imojiya cousins, the HG Tsuchime Japanese knives by Hitohira Japan are a quality option for their modest price. SW stainless steel and pakka wood western handle for ease of maintenance along with a lovely tsuchime (hammer tone) finish. The perfect entry into the world of Japanese knives, they are thin and light.
- Hitohira HG Tsuchime Japanese Chef Knife
- 170mm Nakiri Knife
- SW Stainless Steel, Soft Stainless Clad
- Tsuchime (Hammer-Tone) Finish
- Mahogany Look Pakka Handle
- Hardness: 58-59 HRC
- Crafted in Japan
- 160mm Blade Edge Length / 388mm Overall Length / 1.6mm Blade Thickness / 46mm Blade Height / 166g
* As our Japanese kitchen knives are hand-made (some with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Nakiri (Vegetable Knife)
Nakiri knives have a flat profile and tall blade height which aids in push chopping but does make rock style cutting a little uncomfortable. The Nakiri, like many western style chef knives has a double bevel grind, in contrast to the Japanese style vegetable knife, the Usuba, which is single bevel. Whilst a Gyuto or Santoku does do a good job at cutting vegetables, the larger flat bottom of a Nakiri or Usuba make the task much easier. The Nakiri is one of our favourite profiles, highly recommended.