The HG series from Hitohira Japan represent outstanding value for a knife of this specification. Stainless damascus steel with a lovely tsuchime (hammer-tone) finish.
- Hitohira HG Tsuchime Damascus Japanese Knife
- Seki-Gifu Japan
- 185mm Santoku Knife
- Stainless Steel, Stainless Damascus Clad
- Rosewood & Pakka Japanese Handle
- Crafted in Japan
- 184mm Blade Edge Length / 315mm Overall Length / 1.8mm Blade Thickness / 45mm Blade Height / 131g
* As our Japanese knives are hand-made (with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
Japanese Knife | Santoku (Cook Knife)
Like it's larger cousin, the Gyuto, this is your go-to knife for any and all tasks within the kitchen. Generally Santoku knives are smaller in size than Gyuto, making them versatile in smaller home kitchens or for cooks with fledgling knife skills. Both styles of knife are multi-tasking machines that can be used for any and all cooking preparation tasks.
As is the case with most Japanese kitchen knives, the Santoku is thinner & lighter than other western chef knives, they are normally made from harder steel which can hold a sharper edge.