The HG series from Hitohira Japan represent outstanding value for a knife of this specification. Stainless damascus steel with a lovely tsuchime (hammer-tone) finish.
- Hitohira HG Tsuchime Damascus Japanese Knife
- Seki-Gifu Japan
- 165mm Nakiri Knife
- Stainless Steel, Stainless Damascus Clad
- Rosewood & Pakka Japanese Handle
- Crafted in Japan
- 159mm Blade Edge Length / 294mm Overall Length / 1.6mm Blade Thickness / 45mm Blade Height / 145g
* As our Japanese knives are hand-made (with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Nakiri (Vegetable Knife)
Nakiri knives have a flat profile and tall blade height which aids in push chopping but does make rock style cutting a little uncomfortable. The Nakiri, like many western style chef knives has a double bevel grind, in contrast to the Japanese style vegetable knife, the Usuba, which is single bevel. Whilst a Gyuto or Santoku does do a good job at cutting vegetables, the larger flat bottom of a Nakiri or Usuba make the task much easier. The Nakiri is one of our favourite profiles, highly recommended.